Wednesday 5 October 2011

Bali still

Graham, Liz, Kathy and I hired a mini bus for the day and apart from the six temples, we saw the fantastic layered rice fields. Photos really don't do them justice. Each small level had its own path of grass which had been cut very recently. There were thousands of levels and all the cutting had been done by hand. In addition all the levels were fed by a stream which had been ingeniously divided up for irrigation.


The lady here was removing the grass which she had cut from a single level. I thought I would help, but I was amazed at how heavy the basket was. It was a struggle for me to place it on my head! Kathy developed a cold and I had a repeat of my Aruban urinary infection. We had a day off then motored to a small island on the NW tip of Bali. It was very windy all night and we were plagued by flies. The snorkelling was meant to be great, but we decided we could do without the annoyances for another night so we left for Java.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: